The Muller & Sons upholstery workroom uses the finest materials in our manufacturing and reupholstering process. All custom frames are constructed of alder hardwood, using only the highest quality polyurethane foam and Dacron. We also provide environmentally friendly alternatives to petroleum-based foam, while still maintaining quality and durability.
We repair and re-glue chair and sofa frames of all types and antiques, including upholstered and furnished pieces.
Upholstering furniture is a labor intensive process. This includes:
- Stripping off the old fabric
- Cleaning or refinishing any exposed wood
- Glueing the frame
- Replacing or adding to the padding
- Tying springs
- Replacing seat and back cushioning
- Applying the new fabric, which includes cutting, sewing and matching any existing patterns
We combine all these steps to create a beautifully renovated piece of furniture. It is an art.